Thursday, February 19, 2009

Holy Shmoly, it's Planet Orange!

There are few things in life that get me overly excited or overly upset. Since being overly upset is no fun to talk about I'll tell you one of the things that gets me overly EXCITED! It's when my husband calls me Friday afternoon (or any afternoon for that matter) and says, "COURT SIDE BABY!" I immediately start squealing and moving my arms in a really rapid circular motion. "COURT SIDE BABY" means that the blessed man commonly known as Dave's boss is unable to use his Suns tickets and has graciously offered them to us. Oh yes, and did I mention they are COURT SIDE. I thoroughly enjoy watching basketball although, on the TV it is hard for me to get in to unless it's a REALLY GOOD game. I'd much rather see it live. And no, I don't have to be sitting court side but oh my, how it helps. There is just something about the sweat of the players falling on you that is just so exhilarating. OK, now I am getting silly. The pictures speak for themselves.



I know, I know Stevie, I didn't understand the call either.

Yes, he really is that BIG!


AAAAAWWWWW....Any girl who attended high school in the Phoenix area in the 90's knows this man. Oh Dan, if only I were a little bit older and you were a little bit moral.


Just because you might not believe me when I tell you the price to the tickets.





Richardson being interviewed after the game. Maybe they are asking him about all of his DUI's?



Lucky number 13...Please don't ever leave us Stevie!





9 comments:

Carly said...

WOW! Looks like you guys got some great seats. I still remember watching a game last year and all of a sudden there was a really familiar face on the camera...Your husband :) That was funny! Well if ever the boss can't use the tickets, and you guys can't use the tickets...let me just say we would be MORE than willing to take those off your hands :)

Camie Walworth said...

I am so jealous!!

Glen and Rachel said...

Sweet! I didn't know you were such a Suns fan...or such an ardent Dan Majerle fan for that matter.

Sam said...

Hey Becca, I am sooo jealous! How fun! I would gladly take their sweat for courtside seats. The games are ALWAYS better live!

Sam and Carmin said...

Remember being at Girls Camp, around Charlotte Pottle's radio, listening to the final game of NBA playoffs between Suns and Jazz?!? Those were the days! Does Majerle still have a restaurant downtown? I think of that place any time a bill comes up short after a group "pitches in" for their meal. That was one of my first real-life experiences of not everyone knowing how to be generous enough with tax and tip included to cover the bill. Hmmmm. High School in Phx in the Valley of the Sun. Memories!

Chris and Michelle said...

ARE YOU KIDDING on the price of the tickets??? That is like a family trip to Disneyworld! Sheesh. How FUN! I loooove live NBA games, too! My boyfriend in highschool had courtside season tickets to the Jazz and it was sooo fun to go to the games...He even used the Jazz Bear ask me to prom & we were on the Jumbotron and everything. That was back in the late 90's when the Jazz were good....I had no idea that you were such a Suns fan. I love it! :) Such a funny post, Becca!

Anonymous said...

Jason was watching the pregame for the Sun's today and they went over highlights for the past few games. He said "Hey! There's Becca Jackson!" Sure enough it was you! How fun I'm jealous!

JacksonFamily said...

Hopefully I wasn't picking my nose.

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

You are so funny-I'm glad you get to do something fun with your hubby. Looks like some great seats! I'm sure Dan would love to sit in those seats someday-I guess I better start saving our money!!! Hope all else is going well!