Monday, February 1, 2010

The 1/2

Dear Mr. Race Coordinator,

This past Saturday I participated in your 1/2 marathon. Although my overall experience is positive and it was a much more enjoyable race then I expected, I do have one complaint; PORT-A-JOHNS. There are few things that are more important at a racing event then having a sufficient number of port-a-johns. Five port-a-johns for about 300 racers just doesn't cut it. I didn't feel like waiting in the forever line before the race, and it wasn't a total emergency, so I figured I would just wait and use one of the johns on the route. Then, seconds before the gun sounded, I was informed that there are no johns on the route. Not one port-a-john for 13 miles, lovely. I'm not sure who you though was running your race but some of us have given birth a few times over. And we don't have control of some parts of our body like we use to. It's nice that there was 13 miles of see-through brush along the route, maybe next year I'll practice my squatting techniques. But just in case I forget, a john around mile 7 or 8 would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Truly,
Becky Bladder

1 comment:

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Funny post...especially since it's written from your bladder! Good job on the race...full bladder and all!