Friday, November 6, 2009

Anyone still there?

Well, the events of the past two months haven't left much time for blogging. I feel like we are about 80% settled. Of course, we have been 80% settled for about five weeks now and I'm not sure when we'll get to the other 20%. But some fun stuff has happened in the lives we have tried to live while transitioning, that I just don't want to miss the chance to blog.

There is no one Ella loves more then her Dad (aka, total daddy's girl). But in her uncontrollable excitement of seeing him one evening her fingernail on her rapidly moving arm scratched his eye. I've never had a scratched cornea but apparently it is very, very painful. Poor Dad was completely incapacitated for about 24 hours. Luckily it heals pretty fast.

We signed Quinn up for soccer at an indoor facility near our home. I thought little girls dancing was the cutest thing I have ever seen, but watching Quinn run his little heart out at his first soccer game definitely tops the list.

U2 Baby!!!

Dave and I share many passions in life, one of which is U2. U2 tickets are the most sought off ticket in the Jackson household (next to conference of course). For months Dave and I have been looking forward to the concert. Our tickets were on the floor in the inner circle. Now, as great as that was to be that close to Bono, It was not great to be that close to 200+ complete strangers. I value my personal space way too much. Dave says he will always get floor tickets. As for myself, I think I can rock it just as good from my own seat that I don't have to share with anyone. Can you spot Dave in the last picture?


Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Hey there! Ouch, a scratched cornea...that does sound painful! I knew you guys would be going to the U2 concert-I actually thought of you guys when I heard they were in town. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Sam and Carmin said...

Thanks for the update, Becca! I wish I was living close enough to drive by and see you standing in your driveway and stop to chat for a visit. Monica had a great time! And I was green with envy when I heard about it.

Jaclyn said...

I love that you are all such intense U2 fans. I remember Nick complaining about his date for reporting to the MTC because he was going to miss a concert with the rest of the Jackson men. Glad you had so much fun! Sorry about Dave's eye!!